Samstag, 7. Mai 2016

Realization

Hello

I had a quite week. Kyrah was sick for two days so I really didn't anything.

But I had a realization.
I always thought that the fact that my US hostmum was German and always talked german with me didn't really affect me. My English it good I understand almost everything and can everyone tell what I want.
But I was wrong.
I did miss out. I see more and more that I have a really simple vocabulary. There is nothing wrong with that but now I see where could be.

I don't regret having a German hostmum, because it was the right thing for me and it was great to have someone to talk to in German. It made the settling in so much easier.

So don't get me wrong I don't wanna scare anyone to take a family how is speaking your native language. If it feels right for you do it. You will still learn so much and you English will improve no matter what.
Don't turn a family down just because of the language.

I see it like that now, I still can learn so much here, even in a part of my life I thought there it not so much more.

Marie

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen